With trained coaches from Prime Volleyball, your child will learn the fundamentals of volleyball in a fun, relaxed league!
YOUTH VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE @ LADERA SPORTS CENTER
Searching for a volleyball league for kids? You're in luck!
We are currently looking for boys and girls in 2nd – 8th grades who are interested in volleyball and want to learn more.
We will be holding evaluations on August 14th. There are no tryouts - everyone who attends the evaluations will be placed on a team.
*If an athlete is not able to attend evaluations or has to miss any sessions, they are still welcome to participate!
Practices begin August 21st
- One practice and one game per week
- Practice times: Monday or Wednesday between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm
- Game times: Friday between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm
*Included in Registration Cost:
- 10 games
- Team and individual pictures
- Volleyball for each player
- Game uniform
- Team snack after each game
- Team awards
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
|LVL Fall League|
|Week 1||14-Aug||Evaluation Day|
|18-Aug||Notify Teams of Rosters|
|21-Aug||Week 1 of Practices|
|Week 2||1-Sep||Game 1|
|Week 3||8-Sep||Game 2|
|Week 4||15-Sep||Game 3|
|Week 5||22-Sep||Game 4|
|Week 7||6-Oct||All Star Week- Club Team Tryouts|
|Week 8||13-Oct||Game 6|
|Week 9||20-Oct||Game 7|
|Week 10||27-Oct||Game 8|
|Week 11||3-Nov||End of Season Tournament|
LADERA VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE RULES
The goal of LVL is for young athletes to learn and have fun! We expect all coaches and parents to embrace the spirit of the league and help us create a positive learning environment.
- Teams will consist of 10-12 athletes
- Play is 3 set rally score matches (21,21,15)
- Team captains will participate in a coin toss to determine serve and side
- Warm-ups will be 2-4-4 (2 minutes of joint ball handling followed by 4 minutes for each team beginning with the serving team)
- Teams switch sides between each set and switch sides at 8 in the third set
SERVING RULES *
- May start at a maximum of 18 feet onto the court (two feet behind the 10ft line)
- For each service, the player must step back toward the endline
- On the fourth attempt to serve for the term of service, ALL servers must be behind the endline
- Foot Faults will now be called
- After five consecutive serves in the court teams must rotate to their next server
*If your servers are on the court foot faulting and service goes to the deep back court, this server must step way back on the next serve – on, near or behind the endline. The allowing of foot faults is just so the server can get the serve over the net and not to beat the serve receive with the deep service or to over-power them with the overhand serve.
- Subjective ball handling violations will only be called in the oldest age group and will be called loosely to allow play to continue as much as possible
- In younger age groups doubles will not be called, but significant lifts (catching the ball) will be called